National Team of Higher Education Reform Experts (HERE) :
The Erasmus+ Programme promotes institutional cooperation between the European Union and partner countries and under Key Action 3, the European Union supports a team of experts in charge of reforming higher education in their countries.
The Higher Education Reform Experts consists of 2 to 19 members team of experts in each partner country concerned amongst which Algeria. They are usually Rectors, Vice-Rectors, Deans, Senior Academics, Directors of Study, International Relations Officers and students.They provide a pool of expertise that promotes reforms and enhance progress towards modernisation of Higher Education.
The Education, Audiovisual and Culture Executive Agency, in cooperation with the DG Education and Culture of the European Commission provide HEREs with training, technical assistance, beefing and networking and invites them to participate in international conferences together with EU Bologna experts and regional seminars on various themes linked to the modernisation go higher education.The current network includes about 250 experts.
On Annual basis, various types of events are organized by the team:
- One annual International conference, usually towards the end of the year.
- Two thematic seminars in different partner countries and European countries.
- Two study visits to universities to provide hand-on experience and peer-learning for the HERE.
- 50 to 60 Technical Assistance Missions to provide targeted, hands-on support and consultancy to the HERE and the academic community and government in their respective countries.
In Algeria, the 10 designated experts concentrate their efforts in:
- supporting policy development in Algeria by encouraging modernisation, reform processes and strategies in education in contact with the local authorities concerned;
- policy dialogue with the EU in the field of Higher Education;
- supporting maintaining and counseling activities targeted at local stockholders, in particular Higher Education Institutions and their staff;
- support Erasmus+ projects by disseminating their results and outcomes, notably good practices and innovative initiatives and exploiting these for training purposes.
Activities of the HEREs is managed locally by the National Erasmus+ Office, in cooperation with the Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research.