National Erasmus+ Office in Algeria (NEO)
Recruitment of a project manager
Erasmus+ is the new European Union programme that supports projects, partnerships, mobility and dialogue in education, training, youth and sport for the period 2014-2020. Built on the experience and success of existing programmes, it aims at boosting skills and employability, as well as modernising Education, Training, and Youth work in the EU and in its partner countries all over the world. Erasmus+ includes a strong international dimension notably in the fields of higher education and youth.
The National Erasmus+ Offices (NEO) assist the European Commission, the Education, Audiovisual and Culture Executive Agency (EACEA),and the Partner Country authorities concerned in the implementation of the Erasmus+ Programme. Their mandate covers all supporting, promotion, monitoring and dissemination activities related to the international dimension of Erasmus+ activities in higher education (Credit Mobility, Erasmus Mundus Joint Master Degrees, Capacity-building in Higher Education, Jean Monnet).
The National Erasmus+ Office in Algeria is currently composed of 2 staff members.
For additional information on Erasmus+, please consult:
For additional information on the Algerian National Erasmus+ Office, please consult:
Recruitment of a project manager for the National Erasmus+ Office in Algeria(NEO)
The Algerian Erasmus+ Office, supported bythe Executive Agency (EACEA),is launching a procedure to recruit a new member of staff for theNEO.
Salary: approximately 1.000 Euro brut per month (amount to be slightly adjusted in line with the experience of the candidate)
Workload: full time position
Description of the post :The successful candidate will assist in the implementation and coordination of the following activities:
- Promotion, information and follow up of Erasmus+ and other relevant EU programmes: to inform the higher education institutions and all other interested parties about developments regarding EU programmes of interest to the higher education field; organise Information Days and training sessions; update and maintain a website on upcoming calls for proposals, promotion material and activities, etc.
- Provision of advice to potential applicants at local level interested to apply for Erasmus+ in the field of higher education; provide assistance to find partners.
- Project follow-up: Establish and maintain contacts with grant holders in Algeria and with other NEOs in partner countries and Erasmus+ National Agencies in the Erasmus+ programme countries; provide advice on the grant agreement to grant holders; assist grant holders on administrative and fiscal matters in Algeria (e.g.tax, customs, purchase of equipment, etc.) as well as on visa arrangements;perform follow-up visits and monitor on-going projects in Algeria; follow-up the sustainability of completed projects; support the dissemination of project results.
- Administration of the NEO: Contribute to the smooth operation of the Erasmus+ Office in full respect of the NEO Code of Conduct and of the terms of reference. Assist in following up the use of the financial resources available for a proper functioning of the NEO; draft monitoring report to be sent to the Executive Agency after project visits, draft NEO activity reports;cooperate and liaise closely with the Executive Agency (EACEA), the other NEOs, the European Commission and the local authorities and Ministries;attend meetings in Brussels when necessary; support the team of Higher Education Reform Experts (HEREs); represent the Erasmus+ programme towards the Ministries, universities and external stakeholders; liaise with other bodies and organisations operating in higher education; liaise with other donors active in the field of higher education.
Minimum requirements for the post
- University degree;
- Experience in the preparation, management and/or evaluation of projects, preferably in the field of Higher Education;
- Good analytical and reporting skills;
- Good communication skills;
- Good knowledge of the academic world and of the local and international environment;
- Excellent language skills: fluency in Arabic, English and French (oral and written);
- Readiness to travel both inside and occasionally outside Algeria.
Other elements to be considered:
- Good understanding of the higher education sector and the developments taking place in the region;
- Previous experience with international project management and knowledge of project cycle management;
- Experience in organising and managing training;
- Team spirit, commitment as well as a sense of initiative;
- Ability to work independently;
- Good computer literacy (Word, Excel, Powerpoint).
How and Where to apply
Motivation letter and CV to be sent to the following email address:
Please mention the following in your email subject title: « ProjectManager-NEO »
Deadline for applications: 31December 2016
An acknowledgement of receipt will be sent to each applicant.
Interviews planned:January 2017
The selection of the candidates will be carried out by a Selection Committee composed by the NEO coordinator, Mr Hakim Bensaoula, by a representative of the Education, Audiovisual and Culture Executive Agency (EACEA), a representative of the Ministry ofHigher Educationin Algeria and the person in charge of the Erasmus+ Programme withinthe EU Delegation in Algeria.
The selection will be organised in two steps:
- The motivation letter and CVs of eligible applicants will be jointly assessed by the Executive Agency and NEO in view of establishing a shortlist for interviews;
- The Selection Committee will hold interviews with the shortlisted candidatesin order to assess the candidate’s competences, specialist knowledge and motivation required for performing the duties.
The Selection Committee will decide the name of the selected person to which the position will be offered.
In addition, a reserve list of additional candidates will be established for future needs.
Please note that the Selection Committee’s work and deliberations are strictly confidential and that any contact with its members is strictly forbidden.
Desired start date of employment: 01/02/2017
The Algerian Erasmus+ Office applies a policy of equal opportunities.
 Erasmus+ programme countries refer to the 28 EU Member States and any other countries that has signed an agreement with the European Commission in order to become a country participating in full in the programme; for the time being these countries are Iceland, Norway, Liechtenstein, Turkey and the Former Yugoslav republic of Macedonia